Portsmouth Greyhound Stadium
Situated in Tipner, England, Portsmouth Greyhound Stadium attracts a huge following. The young and trendy set rubs shoulders with traditional greyhound racing purists, giving the stadium a distinct feel.
Even though the stadium is the smallest of the six tracks owned by the Greyhound Racing Association (GRA), its unique facilities layout gives an outstanding view of the track. The GRA is the biggest greyhound-track operator in England.
The stadium opened in 1931 and is known as the track where legendary trainer George Curtis showcased his skills.
Stadium Capacity: 1,200
- Circumference: 354 meters
- Distances Raced: 438, 610, 792 and 964 meters
- Run to First Bend: 90 meters (for 438m races), 95 meters (for 610m races)
- 256m: Lissadel Tiger - 15.55 sec (11/09/89)
- 438m: Beavers Dip - 26.37 sec. (07/16/88)
- 610m: Firmount Flapjack - 38.14 sec. (13/10/00)
- 792m: My Texette - 50.52 sec. (07/28/93)
- 964m: Wheres Dunait - 62.94 sec. (07/28/93)
- Golden Muzzle
Getting to Portsmouth Greyhound Stadium
Portsmouth Greyhound Stadium is located at Target Road, Tipner in Portsmouth, England.